Spring into Summer with a DIY Cedar Planter + Bench
Amanda over at Love & Renovations created a beautiful and versatile cedar planter + bench. It’s a functional and appealing way to add storage for plants and seating – all at the same time!
Cedar is perfect for your porch or backyard project because it naturally repels moths, cockroaches, silverfish & other household pests, as well as resists mildew.
CedarSafe planks come in 15 or 35 sq ft packs for tongue & groove, or 15 sq ft packs for shiplap.
CedarSafe doesn’t chemically treat or alter the wood in any way – it’s 100% natural, and 100% made and produced in the USA. We use recycled materials for our boxes, so when you support CedarSafe, you’re supporting a local, US business!
Remember: if it’s not CedarSafe, it’s not cedar safe!
Tools You'll Need
- (4) of 8-ft 1×3 boards
- (2) of 8-ft 2×2 boards
- (5) of 8-ft 1×2 boards
- 1 box of 15sq ft CedarSafe Cedar Planks
- Drill or Driver
- Nail Gun
- Wood Screws
- Wood Glue
- Measuring Tape
- Wood sealant
- Optional: Paint, Stain
- To begin with, pick the place you’d like to place your planter, and make sure it’s level.
- Assemble four panels for the bench, and install the CedarSafe planks in backwards – remember, you’re installing them so that they face out.
- Assemble your panels, and attach the legs.
- If you want to place plants directly into the planter, you might want to reinforce the walls.
- Add Slats
- Finishing Touches
For the full step-by-step tutorial, head on over to Love & Renovations.
This outdoor cedar planter + bench is the perfect Beginning of Summer project. It’s beautiful, versatile, and will smell great!
#DIYCedar: Flakeboard Panel Addition to an Outdoor Shed - CedarSafe · October 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
[…] Lined Ceiling Outdoor Cedar Planter Categories: CedarDIYOrganizationProjects Tags: cedar […]
Comments are closed.