Unique DIY: Cedar Plant Stand
The happy couple over at Charleston Crafted has done it again with this unique outdoor rolling cedar plant stand!
The perfect fit for your porch, you can roll it out for the sunshine, or bring it in once the cool sets in.
Create your own by making it the size and shape you need! Charleston Crafted made multiple tiers, with a more vertical shape in order to utilize the space better.
CedarSafe 100% Aromatic Cedar Planking is perfect for projects like these because cedar:
- Repels cockroaches, silverfish, moths, & other household pests
- Resists mildew
- Can help with odor
Tools You'll Need
- Begin by measuring out the size of your plant stand, and cutting your frame to match.
- Create the tower itself by attaching toe pieces to the top, bottom, and center to create a rectangle.
- Attach the wings at your desired height.
- Cut planks and place them on the platform, utilizing the CedarSafe Tongue & Groove or Shiplap planks.
- Screw casters into the bottom of the stand!
Remember to use treated lumber if you will expose your stand to the elements. We recommend that you do not leave your cedar out in the rain or direct sunlight.
Take a look at the full gallery below, and head on over to Charleston Crafted for the full tutorial!