Custom Cedar Outdoor Shower Box Shelving
Maria Brittis from Simple Nature Decor partnered with CedarSafe to create some gorgeous outdoor cedar box shelving!
Maria has an outdoor shower – which, during the winter might sound a little crazy, but in South Carolina, she still gets temperatures in the 70’s!
Maria wanted to make her outdoor shower a little cozier, and needed space to organize her things.
After a tough workout, an outdoor shower is invigorating for her, and some cedar floating box shelves were the perfect addition to her shower – and they were easy to make, all while being super versatile!
- Cedar Planks
- Miter Saw
- Liquid nails
- Mini cabinet nails.
- PICK YOUR SIZE(s): Maria wanted three difference sized shelves, so she went with 12 x 12″, 14 x 14″, and 22 x 16″.
One of the benefits of CedarSafe planks is that Cedar is super easy to work with – making them a perfect fit for floating shelves.
- Measure and Cut: Maria used a miter saw to cut everything to length, and a level to ensure accuracy.
- Using masking tape to hold the ends together (or anything handy), glue the four sides with liquid nails.
- Use the tiny cabinet nails to carefully hammer the ends together.
- Measure and hammer nails into outdoor wood, using a level to ensure floating shelves will rest on the nails.