It’s Friday afternoon and you’re probably thinking of all of the things you have to do this weekend before it’s back to work on Monday. Why not start with these quick and easy organization tips to get your closet under control?
- Store off-season clothes in boxes at the top of your closet, or go one step further and create a cedar closet in our attic, basemen, or garage.
- Use shelf dividers to keep sweaters and other folded clothes neat.
- However, if you can hang it, then hang it! You’ll wear it more often if it’s not buried in the bottom of your drawers.
- You can buy collapsible hangers (or create your own with soda tabs!) to give you more hanging space.
- Color code your closet to make finding your favorite clothes easier.
- Hang your purses by the handles with shower curtain hooks.
- Use skirt hangers to hook up your boots and keep them off the floor.
- Store your shoes using vertical shelving or over the door pocket storage, to clear the floor (making your closet look a lot bigger!)
- Cut PVC pipes to store scarves, belts, and other small items in drawers.
- Last, but most importantly — make sure everything has a place, and put it back when you’re done with it!
Using these tips, in just one afternoon, you can check a big to do off your list and feel like your closet is bigger. If you have any other great closet organization ideas, leave us a comment! We’d love to hear from you. You can also check out our Pinterest Boards for more tips and tricks!